Secretary by Trade, Teacher by Degree, Marketer by Instinct
I started my career with office work, earned a teaching degree, but returned to the office where I carved out a career in social media and marketing and ended up at a WordPress Development Shop.
On this site, I write about relationship marketing on social media and, of course, WordPress.
Need more info?
You can always Google Me.
Why did I start using the term, "guru?"
The label "guru" is overused.
As a term of endearment, however, friends have referred to me as a guru, office goddess, or other some such nonsense.
I earned a BA in Liberal Studies, got my Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential, and after one year my path took another route. That combination of skills has presented opportunities to tutor others and help get accounts started. Go to LinkedIn for more.
Social Media and Content Marketing
My experience is mostly based in business to business where relationship marketing is even more important.
Teaching is the new marketing. People skills are even more important to stand out from the crowd of scheduled tweets.
As of December 1, 2015, I accepted a position at WordImpress as the Marketing Manager.
- @gidgey Started 3/27/2007
- My devotional blog.
- Bridget Willard's Facebook Page for Devotionals and Music
Bridget brings a wealth of social media knowledge to the table. If you are looking for someone to consult with to bring your social media game to the next level, I would highly recommend Bridget Willard. She has a proven track record with brick-and-mortar and online businesses alike. On top of that, she is one of my favorite people in the online marketing world (and the real world). An awesome person and spectacular social media specialist.
Such an awesome person, and she's an expert at social media! Knowledgable and friendly at the same time.
Bridget tells you like she sees it - very helpful and friendly!! We (Creative Woodworking, Vermont Timber Works and I) have learned so much, thank you B!!
I LOVE your 60 second clips! I have learned alot from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge!
Past Social Media Management:
Riggins Construction & Management, Inc.
March 2009 - November 2015
In addition to designing and maintaining the website, I also wrote all of the content and did the social media management.
- Riggins Construction & Management, Inc.'s Website and Blog - Website was merged with the blog in a WordPress site 4/18/15.
- Seven Things I've Learned Building Our Brand Online
- Presentation April 2014: "Relationships are the ROI"
- Presentation April 2013: "You Are What You Tweet."
- I was interviewed by Deluxe Corporation | 7 Steps for Using Twitter for Business
- Check out Riggins on the following: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube
Kevin Sarno (Jordan Roof LA)
- Twitter (1/15/15 to 4/30/15)
Combined Men's Ministry (January 2003 – October 2011)
Calvary Chapel Seaside
Wilson Barnett, Inc.
- Designed Starter Website (2001 - April 2012)
- Twitter (10/16/2009 - 10/31/13)
- Facebook Page (7/25/11 - 10/31/13)
Jeff Shaffer Plumbing
Anthony Faust & Company
Hard Habit 2 Break (Chicago Tribute Band)